TheOneThatYouWant Top 10 Tips for Online Dating:
To help you find Mr. or Mrs. Right in the world of Online Dating, we have broken down the Top 10 online dating advice tips to help increase your success so you can date smarter and safer, and meet TheOneThatYouWant!
1. Take time to write a careful winning online profile. Be open and honest about yourself; what’s the point in lying? The truth will come out eventually should you meet the dater. You wouldn’t want other people to mislead you online so don’t do it to others.
2. Describe the person that you would like to meet in detail. If you want to date someone who has never been married with any children, say so.
3. Spend time on your profile describing your interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes. It is just as important to describe what you like, as well as what you dislike. This will help attract someone with similar interests.
4. Add more than one photo to your profile. Your main photo should be a clear head shot, preferably with you smiling so you look approachable. Refrain from uploading shots that are too sexy or crude as you may attract the wrong type of date. A profile with a photo gets over 9 times the amount of replies than one without.
5. Have plenty of fun. The most important thing when meeting new people is to relax and have fun. When beginning your relationship online by email, be private and cautious, but don't be too serious either, find a balance. A sense of humor online is just as important as offline.
6. Update your profile occasionally to keep it fresh. For instance, if you just got back from a great holiday put some new pictures on. There is nothing more boring than reading a generic online dating profile that says “I love to travel and enjoy films.” Where do you like to travel to and why? What type of films do you enjoy watching and why? The more detail, the better; and the more chance you have of meeting someone who has similar interests.
7. Always be polite when communicating on an online dating site. If you are scared to tell someone “no” because it may hurt their feelings, simply tell them politely that you are looking for a certain type of person and not to take it personally. If someone is rude to you or offends you, simply ignore them and/or block them.
8. Do not give out personal details such as your last name or mobile early on. You should definitely not include these in your profile until you are comfortable and have got to know the person. Most websites will have strict rules on this.
9. Listen to your intuition. If something doesn't feel right to you, it usually isn't. Your instincts will play a large part in your online dating experience.
10. Always meet in a public place for the first time. A good place to meet is for coffee or lunch in a busy place. Make sure you let someone know where you will be and who you are with.